Privacy is a very important issue that companies are dealing with today. New technologies create risks that weren’t even considered five years ago. Requirements...
The point system exists to add value to you when you apply for the position you want. What a Gold Membership demonstrate to recruiters and hiring managers is that you actively participated and maximized your experience with ISACA. Not only that it will build your resume, it will also give you something relevant to talk about during interviews. Recruiters are aware of what ISACA Gold Membership means. Here is the recap and clarification:
ISACA meetings and specific events shall have the following points system with 1 point awarded for each hour spent:
- Chapter meetings: 2 points for each meeting attended in a semester
- Fundraising participation: 1 point
- Donation: 1 point per $10
- Professional development: 1 point for each event
- Community service: 1 point per hour
To achieve Gold Member Status:
- Attend 5 ISACA-SJSU Meetings (10 points)
- Earn another 3 points from either fundraising, professional development, or community service.
A student must attend a majority of the chapter meetings and obtain at least 10 points, and obtain another 3 points from fundraising, professional development, social events, and/or community service activities to be qualified as an active member. Community services may be done outside via non-profit organization, but will need a verification letter. Social events that ISACA solely present or in collaboration with other clubs earn members 1 point for each event attended. An active member will be awarded as “Gold” member at the end of the semester.